Friday, January 29, 2010

Cheer Up Charlie!

Today I got a hankering for some serious candy. Not just a drugstore chocolate bar or some waxy licorice, but real, truly handmade confections, served by sweet old ladies with hairnets and a smile. Well, hubby obliged and took me to Buffet's, a fantastically retro sweet shop that is family owned and operated since the 1950's.
Well, I got just what I needed, glorious raspberry bark in varying shades of pink, caramel and chocolate covered marshmallows, licorice jelly beans (a gift for mama), fantastic caramel popcorn. Each was delightfully wrapped in cellophane and tied with perfectly curled ribbons. And of course, the cutest little old ladies provided the most superb customer service!
Happy me!

- Jessie, Santa Fe, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment