Saturday, April 17, 2010

Don't buy it! DIY it!

I recently fell in love with a necklace during a recent Anthropologie visit. At the time I couldn't bring myself to spend close to $40 when more important things like my electric bill needed to be paid.
So instead, I decided to make it myself. While in San Diego, I took a trip to the Black Bead, a favorite spot since I was young. There, I found all the goodies I needed to re-create the necklace...for almost half the price!After a few feet of chain, some base metal pins, a lobster clasp and some jewel-y gems, I was all set!There is something more satisfying about some good ol' DIY!
-Jessie, Santa Fe, NM

2 comments:

  1. wow-ee! you crafty little devil you. i can honestly say that i admire yours even more than the one on the rack. excellent work madame craftress! yummy photos too, they look like little edible pomegranate seeds. so proud.

    ReplyDelete