Monday, February 22, 2010

Breaking the Ice!


Hello fellow chirpers : ) I thought I would break the ice by posting about one of my most recent projects! In order to make the most out of our guest room, we invested in a twin sized bed that our little one would use eventually anyway. The twin bed by itself was super boring, so I decided to make a headboard for it.
It is a very inexpensive and easy way to dress up a bedroom, and it can even be used as wall art. Using a chop saw (actually a great investment), nails, and a hammer I created a simple wooden frame. Then I picked out a fun canvas print from my local fabric shop and used a staple gun to attach it to the frame, folding the fabric around the corners and edges, ensuring a nice tight fit. I then hung it on the wall behind the bed as if it were a normal piece of art, and tada!!! A new exciting headboard.

Lexy Peck , San Diego, CA

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Now I want a chop saw for my birthday! I love the fabric too. The mister and I have been toying with the idea of a headboard and I think you've just "nailed" it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess, the possibilities are endless.... you can even to a trip-tic with three different patterns fit tightly together. Look on Craigslist for a used chop saw - they actually aren't that expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have also been on a headboard mission recently...keeping an eye out in consignment shops, searching online, and then considering doing it myself. you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete