Friday, February 19, 2010

Sew, Sew, Sew in love!

Did I stumble on a gem yesterday!!! A fabric paradise is finally located here in Santa Fe! No longer to I have to reminisce of days in LA's F&S or dream of one day setting foot in NYC's ABC, I have my very own wonderland of textiles, ribbons, buttons, trim, you name it!
Santa Fe Fabrics, owned by the delightful Nancy Arnold, provides unique and amazing varieties of fabrics including vintage kimono fabric, Guatemalan cottons, hemp, bamboo and organic linens and cottons, embroidered silks, vintage ticking, tweed...need I go on?!?
I was not only amazed at the unique variety housed in the quaint and cozy space, but the quality is what I appreciated most. When I felt the organic denim, the cashmere, the cotton velveteen and the silk charmeuse, I could tell it was special. It is obvious that Nancy has a great eye and cares about the quality of everything in her store!
So much to choose from, I was on overload!
I found beautiful crocheted lace trim and delicate fabrics, (perfect for weddings.)
They also have a great selection of patterns, like this "Folkwear"- the packaging is even pretty!
A cute collection of Christina Bachman buttons and ric-rac, who doesn't love ric-rac!
The kimono fabric and Japanese silks were to die for!
More ric-rac! Beautiful French cottons and vintage ticking.
Adorable cotton prints, an amazing array of threads and absolutely gorgeous silk dupioni.

What did I leave with, you ask? Well, I could have dropped my entire paycheck, but I settled on 6 leather buttons to gussy up an old coat, a strip of camel colored virgin wool to make a tie-belt, a roll of vintage seam binding because I need that (!) and a few remnants that asked to go home with me! Oh, but I wanted it all!

So, my little chirpers, make you way over to Santa Fe Fabrics and your senses will be delighted and your creations will be inspired. Even if you don't sew, it is a great place to peruse and I guarantee by time you leave you will have at least 17 projects in mind....I did!

-Jessie, Santa Fe, NM

1 comment:

  1. wow, andy just brought this new store up to me a few days ago. i've been planning a new curtains project, so that's why he thought to mention it. can't WAIT to go in and nerd out. (and slap my own hand away from buying everything....*sigh*..)

    ReplyDelete